The deadline to submit for the next issue is September 22nd 2022!
Authors retain full control and ownership over their work.
You must be an undergraduate (or equivalent). Each applicant is restricted to ONE submission per Issue.
Essay/Paper submissions should contain between 2000-4000 words. In addition, at the beginning, include an abstract of roughly 150 words (not included in paper word-count). At the end, include a bibliography (also not included in word-count). More details in Submission Formatting.
FOR BOOK REVIEWS:
Book Review submissions should be between 1000-2000 words. No abstract, but clearly state the book and author being reviewed in the title. At the end, include a bibliography (not included in word-count). More details in Submission Formatting.
Falsafa welcomes submissions on topics pertaining to all areas of philosophy and encourages undergraduates from all universities, majors, and backgrounds to submit creative works. We receive and publish papers on diverse subjects and from a variety of perspectives. Falsafa is partially aimed at an Undergraduate audience, which should be taken into consideration while writing your paper.
- Font: Size 12, Times New Roman
- Citations in the Chicago format
- No in-text citations; instead, have footnotes (not endnotes) that refer to the bibliography.
- Cite using the Notes and Bibliography, Chicago Style; Notes, Shortened Notes, and a Bibliography
- Our published issues also serve as an example of the footnote and bibliography format.
- You may also use footnotes for specific, supplemental comments, but keep this to a minimum.
- 1-inch margins top, bottom, and sides
- Insert page numbers in the top right corner
Please email all submissions as Word documents (preferred), or PDFs.
Applicants are required to use reliable sources, e.g. books, peer-reviewed journals, Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy, Routledge Encyclopedia of Philosophy. Wikipedia entries or blogs are not acceptable. All sources must be referenced and listed in the bibliography.
What to Submit
- Cover letter information should include name, university/department affiliation, year, and research interests (if any). Please also indicate if you would be willing to speak at the Annual Falsafa Symposium if your paper is selected.
- In another word document, please send just your writing (exclude the name in the header, and any other information that could identify the author). Submissions will be subjected to a double-blind peer review.
If desired, you may choose to submit papers that have been previously assessed by your respective supervisors/faculty members.
Please send your submissions to the following email:
Do not hesitate to contact the aforementioned email should you have any questions or concerns. We look forward to your submissions!